Translate

Friday, October 10, 2014

Kapayapaan--Peace

Dear Everyone,

This past Thursday ended a week long extended exchange I was privileged to have with Sister Te'o, a brand new missionary to the mission.  That was one of the most amazing, clarifying weeks of my whole mission.  And boy, did we have fun together (you know, staying within the bounds of missionary dignity of course... but I haven't laughed that much in probably my whole mission!)  Sister Te'o left a commitment for me after the exchange that I should "just be myself" regardless of whatever else might happen after the exchange.  So I started looking really deep inside to who I am becoming and who the Lord wants me to be.  I did a lot of self evaluation.  And after doing so, the Spirit really poured out to me that the Lord knows I've been doing my best and the work I've been doing is acceptable to Him, and the person I'm becoming right now is also acceptable to Him.  I couldn't be happier.  The Spirit really is my constant companion right now, in ways that I can't really explain... but consistent, persevering happiness every day in a way that very few things can get me down is one good way to describe it.  Just too happy, in spite of honestly quite a few reasons why I shouldn't be from external sources.  I suppose I've reached the point where I really am satisfied with myself, who I am, and how the Lord has shaped me.  It feels so good, and I'm planning to enjoy that (and continue to press forward steadfastly) to the best of my ability over the next 6 weeks, regardless of what happens.

The picture is of Sister Te'o and me.  That hand sign means "pogi" and people here do it to mean that they're really attractive.  



Anyway.  I don't have a whole lot of specifics this week, other than I'm feeling really good about everything right now.  Things are all falling into place.  I'm seeing things clearly (or a lot clearer than previously) and because of it I don't feel confusion or uncertainty anymore but the Lord has given me certainty of what He wants me to do now and what things I can still improve upon.  It's awesome.  I know this clarity is only possible through making correct decisions, seeking the Lord's guidance, and ultimately accepting the Gift of the Holy Ghost through God's authority on the Earth.

Love you all.  Invite the Spirit into your lives every day, and in every way.

Love,
Sister Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment