Translate

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Magbabago Ang Buhay--Life's All About Changes!

So we found out last week that Sister Bechachino was actually transferring, so we went to transfer day along with all the other missionaries who were transferring.  As we waited for my new companion, one of the Elders I had met before came up and said, "Sister Larsen, Hello!  YOU are about to die!!"  In mission lingo, the term "die" means that you're about to finish your mission and go home.  About 5 other people said the same thing when they saw me because they all know this is my last transfer.  I try not to think about it too much, but it is getting really close right now, especially because I'm just enjoying my mission SO much right now!  My new companion is Sister Slade, who I already knew and got along quite well with (did exchanges with her before when we went to Palawan) and life's pretty lively with her around, haha.  I feel super blessed to have her as my companion, and she goes home in only 12 weeks, but we joke that the only way that we're trunky is that we're eating pretty much exclusively American food now.  

During General Conference when we watched it, it was, of course, super awesome, and I got a lot important revelation for how I need to be preparing to go home.  My area is a missionary graveyard - there's about 10 of us here "dying" off our missions within the next few transfers, and it's the most "trunky" area.  That's chill though, we got this.

We've been seeing a lot of miracles this week, and people are really opening up to our message and living it in a way that is truly amazing.  I really love these people here.  One cool experience is that about a month ago I talked to a man who was fixing his car, and we set up a tentative appointment, but he wasn't there.  We've tried about 6 times since to go back to him, but I felt like we shouldn't give up even though he wasn't there every time.  When we went back on Sunday, a lady answered the door and asked how we met that man and why we were there.  She then came out, and I expected from the questions she asked that she was about to chew us out and tell us to never come back.  Then she said, "I was at church (conference) earlier this morning, I'm a member visiting here!"  So she invited us in and apparently the man we met is somehow her step cousin or something and she's staying there with them for a while.  Talk about a miracle!  There's a lot more other circumstances like that happening right now (like seeing a fish in a fish tank, going up closer to the house to see it (if it looks cool and is an animal, I"ll probably go look at it regardless of how sociably acceptable that is), and then realizing there was actually a person sitting there in the dark who we're now teaching) and a ton of other awesome things.  

That's it!  Love you all!

-Sister Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment