Translate

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Go Hard or Go Home

Heyo errybody.  This week's been a pretty crazy week of surprises (fortunately mostly pleasant ones), and I'm just kind of like... aight, I'm along for the ride, and I'm determined to enjoy it, and things are going pretty great.  We'll put it this way... I'm not ready to go home yet, so the only option is to go hard.  Maximizing this as much as I can , and getting really specifically inspired to get over stuff that I shoulda gotten over a long time ago (like my still innate fear of talking to random people.  That fear is pretty much totally gone now.  There are a lot of things where suddenly everything's clicked, and I just don't care too much anymore to pay attention to my obstacles like that.)

I'm currently on exchanges with a Sister who is the daughter of someone famous.  You know that awesome movie "The RM" ?  You remember that "Polynesian exchange student" the main character's family brings into their house right when the main guy gets off his mission?  Yeah, that's this Sister's dad.  Pretty cool, haha.  

At Zone conference they taught us how to communicate effectively, meaning how to shake hands as Sisters and how to smile at people so we don't give off the idea that we're "interested" or "flirting."  There's been a lot of problems in the mission with people falling in love with each other or other people falling in love with them and of course, that's not why we're here on our missions, so we had some training to try to stop that before it starts.  Apparently my handshake's not firm enough.  Gotta practice it so it's less "soft and feminine" hahahaha.

We also got a lot of training on becoming "master teachers" so that our lessons are guided by the Spirit and that we teach all the doctrines better that are in Preach My Gospel.  It went really well and we learned a lot.  My teaching has definitely been improving more because now I'm more focused on it, and really getting to know every lesson truly inside out so I can teach the doctrines the way that will be more effective and helpful.

Bishop came up to me yesterday and asked me to sing a solo in sacrament meeting a few weeks from now.  Let you know how that goes.

Love you all!
-Sister Larsen
Probably a photo of the district playing basketball and volleyball, as mentioned in last week's blog post. 


No comments:

Post a Comment