Translate

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Brightly Beams . . .

... the sun on the day of another baptism!

This week, one of the wonderful people I've been teaching my whole time here, Sister Imee, was baptized.  It's been a long journey, but as we testified to her about the blessings of eternal families (her husband is a member and baptized her) and continued to express to her just how special she and her family are to Heavenly Father, she received a testimony for herself of its truthfulness.  Her testimony was one of the best testimonies I've heard on my whole mission.  We sure love them.  The sun was SO burningly bright when we took that picture, haha!  We sang with the Zone Leaders at her baptism and it sounded pretty nice apparently.

I've been listening to the music Brooke sent me a while back, specifically the bluegrass Christmas songs on the album "Christmas Pickins'."  Reminds me of good ole' Virginny erry time.  This week we also went on exchanges again with Sister Te'o and her companion (normal exchanges this time), and it was super awesome!  At the end I tried to explain to Sister Teo a quality trait she has that's really good, but I couldn't remember what the word was in English.  I tried for literally 5 minutes to remember it... tried about 5 different words that were all wrong... and finally came up with it... "resilient!"  It's good.  I'm trying to find my English again.

In the mission right now, we're working on becoming "Master Gospel Teachers," which means really focusing on the doctrines in Preach My Gospel and knowing them like the back of our hands.  This week Sister Slade and I got "certified" for knowing the first lesson like that :)  Feels like studying for tests a little bit, but I like it a lot better.  I"m going to try and get certified for at least the first 3 lessons before I go home, even though it's a mission goal for everyone by December.

We also had interviews this week with President and Sister Ostler.  I love them so much, and I'm going to miss them SO much when I do eventually have to leave.  I have a huge amount of respect and love for both of them, and I hope I can be like them when I'm older.  Honestly, in my interview, he gave me a lot of sound dating advice as well as answering my question for him about how I could be a better missionary right now in my mission.  I definitely will miss being able to learn from him on my mission after my mission.

The windows of heaven are definitely open to us when we do our best and love others with fullness of heart and lead by love and the Spirit.  I testify that Heavenly Father answers our prayers and truly loves to answer them.  Here's my parting thought this week about my feelings towards my mission and life at this moment:
2 Nephi 9:49

49Behold, my soul abhorreth sin, and my heart delighteth in righteousness; and I will praise the holy name of my God. 

I love all of you and I hope that we all recognize every blessing and feel God's love for us every day.

Much love, 
Sister Larsen


No comments:

Post a Comment