Translate

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

How To Begin Dating--Preach My Gospel Edition; Photos from Beach

Dear friends and family,

So, one day, after a solid day of work, us four Sisters were sitting at our kitchen table eating some food and chatting.  We were feeling kind of silly since it had been so hot and we'd done a lot of walking.  We then started talking about how hard it must be for missionaries to start dating once they get off their missions and return to "normal life."  Then Sister Jones started quoting some of the points of "How to Begin Teaching" section from Preach My Gospel (the guide all missionaries use) and altering them.  We came up with some really good ones, and I decided to go in and modify all of them cuz it was just too funny.  These will be funnier to missionaries who also know Preach My Gospel like the back of their hand, haha.

1. Because we are both part of this relationship, we are now dating.  I would like to refer to you as "girlfriend" and you to me as "boyfriend."

2. Each person has dating life challenges and concerns.  No matter what they might be my superior dating knowledge and experience can help you.

3. Our relationship will enable you to improve the quality of your life.  I will help you with the problems and challenges you will face in life.

4. Our relationship, which is centered on eternal marriage, is of great value and importance.

5. We all make dating mistakes in life, and those mistakes can create feelings of anger and confusion.  These feelings cannot be relieved without moving on.  They can be fully relieved by getting a new, better boyfriend - me.

6. My potential as your future spouse cannot be discovered all at once. Understanding will come over many dates.

7.I have weaknesses, just as everyone does. I may not always buy you flowers every day or remember your birthday every year.  But I know through personal revelation we're meant to be together.

8.I will be your guide so you can learn "we're destined to be together" for yourself.  It is your choice to accept and act on my future proposal to you.  Therefore, you should feel free to openly express your feelings of devotion. 

9. As you sincerely seek to fall in love with me, you may face obstacles, but I will help you overcome them.

10.  As you accept my proposal, you will be able to make promises to marry me.  You will learn how to make changes in your life so our dating and married life will be more perfect.You will want to follow the counsel of the Prophet to be married now and not wait until after your own mission.

Commitments:
Will you follow the example of Adam and Eve by committing to multiply and replenish the Earth?

Will you pray to know I'm the right man for you?

Will you commit to December the 21st as our wedding date?

May we set up a time for our next date?  before them, I ask you to commit to read "The Family - A Proclomation to the World."

Will you attend church with myself and my family this Sunday?


Hahahahaha.... alright.  Don't really follow these or you RM's will never get married.  But we had a good laugh about it.  

Back to real missionary work - we've had a lot of success showing "The Restoration" video to people.  That video is amazing and really helps explain the story of Joseph Smith more effectively than we (or especially myself) ever could in Tagalog.  Speaking of which, if you really wanna know what Tagalog sounds like, pop that video in and watch it on the Tagalog language setting.  Happily, I understand most of what they say on there at this point, but probably also cuz I've seen the video in English enough as well.  When our investigators watch that video, it's hilarious because they freak out about the snow (no one's ever seen it before here), the geese (the geese here look really different), they've never seen blackberries before, they say "He should use a carabou (huge ox) rather than those cows to plow his field", they love the planting and harvest of the corn (they have corn here but not very much), and in general just think it's an awesome cultural experience.  When  tell them my homeland looks a lot like New York that's shown in the video, they always think that's cool :)

That's what I've got.  transfers are in a week and a half!  We now know Sister Bechachino is training, which means I'm getting transferred - there's a high chance I'm getting transferred off of Palawan and back to Manila.  I have mixed feelings about that, but I know that all things on our missions are established by God for our best growth and service to the people in our areas!

Much love,
Sister Larsen 
Dagat = beach.  This is all the rocky area before you get to the water.  Super dang awesome. 


 
Also at the beach, I was standing calf deep in deliciously warm water.
 

1 comment:

  1. yooo when i travel the world im gonna go to where your at and i shall speak taglog with my saxophone and no one will understand me

    ReplyDelete