Dear friends and fam,                                written Oct. 6

So, last P-day, we went to this place we always go to eat and I ordered the same thing I always ordered - this delicious marinated chicken thing.  I was eating it, when I looked down and buried in my rice looked like something green.  I didn't think much about it and thought, "Oh, some gulay (vegetable.)"  I bit down on that bite... and my entire face erupted in flames.  NEVER EVER EVER EAT THE GREEN TINY PEPPERS.  If you come to the Philippines.. just don't.  I was crying for a good 3 minutes and my mouth was literally on fire and my body tried to make me spit it out but I wasn't gonna allow that.  True story.  Hottest thing ever.

We haven't watched General Conference (the video broadcast when our leaders speak to us from Salt Lake, including the Prophet) *yet* since we get it a week later.  We watched the Relief Society broadcast Saturday and it was awesome (and in English... all of them are in English here since people kind of understand English.  Whew.)  So, I'm super looking forward to that this weekend.  Like, a lot.  We also have Zone Meeting this week, so it's gonna be fun!!

Here's some words I came across this week - 
"pagngilngil" - whinnying
"ngisngisan" - grinning

I couldn't even have made up this language in my wildest imagination.

I caught myself speaking Tagalog in my sleep twice last night.  Good sign!

And that's all I have this week.  Short lang... I hope everyone continues to learn, progress, and love everyone.  Spread joy and hope wherever you go.  I love you all and I hope that we all continue to progress and become the best people we can possibly be, even when it's hard.

Love,
Sister Larsen

P.S. the picture is at the croc farm.  THAT CROC IS SO BIG.  That's Elder Belnap (Idaho shirt) our ZL and his trainee (now no longer trainee because of transfers) Elder Osguthorpe.  We like to have fun in our Zone!


Not really, but every time we squish into one of these motocabs with like 25 people I feel like I'm a clown getting out of a tiny car.  They are not made for medium sized Americans, that's for sure.... good times with all the District on P Day!

*Almost* Virginia but not quite.   Asian style Massanutten mountain, diba?  No?  Hahaha.  Super pretty here, forreals.