^That word has nothing to do with anything, but is awesome.  It means "guilt."   
 
 

The picture epitomizes all that I really need for happiness - a kitten and the Word of God.  Srsly.  I felt SO MUCH JOY.  I mean... yeah, maybe I'll get married eventually too.  But if I don't also have the cat and scriptures, my joy will not be full, hahahaha.

First off, we had the opportunity to have our branch president accompany us with some members to go visit less actives.  That was a novel experience, and at one point they were all telling some stories when suddenly our branch president lifts up his shirt and starts showing off weird scars on his stomach.  I didn't understand it at all, so I was just going "Uhhh... what's going on??"  Turns out he was struck by lightning and survived and he knows he was spared to do this work in the branch now.  Pretty neat!  Although when it happened, I was a lil alarmed, haha.

Also, on Monday we got a text from the mission president's wife asking if she could work with us the next day (go with us to some of our appointments.)  In my head... I was like, "AAHHH!! Why??  Panic!!"  But it all turned out okay.  Sister Stucki is one of my favorite people ever, that's for sure.  Her testimony was in English, but through translation (and the limited understanding people have here of English) all went well.  She has a powerful testimony and she really loves every single missionary in the mission, and is a huge inspiration to me.

One cool thing - if you're an American Sister and you come to the Philippines on your mission, you'll probably lose half your hair.  Apparently I'm not the only one experiencing this,so I'm not worried.  Now I won't be able to win hair floofiness contests with Deb anymore though until it grows back :(

I'll be straight with you all... this is a super hard, super stressful time in my mission.  Prayers sent my way would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks for all you do, and I love you all.

Love,
Sister Larsen
 
 
"Baka" means maybe;  "baKA" means cow.