Translate

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Time is Far Spent or Something Like That

I'd like to share a scripture from Isaiah 5:19:

 19 That say, Let him make speedand hasten his work, that we may see it: and let the counsel of the Holy One of Israel draw nigh and come, that we may know it!

So, although this is more talking Messianicly, I chose to relate this one to myself for some pretty obvious reasons.  I like that it's implying here that we hasten the work because we want to receive Christ's judgement upon it/His counsel.  I know that in some small way, my mission has been a part of His plan for all of His children.  I'm so grateful for the opportunity I've had to be a part of it, and at the same time all of the changes He has wrought in my heart as I have fallen in love with my mission, and seen such great miracles as other people have had the same mighty change of heart wrought in them through the Spirit.

This week's been pretty insane.  I don't have much of a chance to think about going home or anything else because we have so much stuff we're doing here!  I'll give a rough outline of our week:

Monday - District activity.  That's our district in the picture.  We went to a member's house and played some games and ate food.  It was pretty awesome :)  I'm really going to miss this district, definitely one of my favorite districts from my whole mission.




Tuesday - Zone Meeting.  Sister Slade and I were assigned by the ZL's to talk about helping our recent converts and less-actives prepare to enter the temple, and what things we need to do in our families to really help our eternal ties to grow.  

Wednesday - Exchanges that were really far away from us (we both went to their area to conduct the exchange.)  It was the first time I've ridden the LRT or MRT, which is like the metro in DC (like, city train thing for mass transport.)  Can't say that's my favorite, I prefer taking the buses here.

Thursday - We had choir practice for the Christmas choir that will be happening in December (I go along although obviously I won't be there for that) and then right after we went into another exchange with Sisters closer to us.

Friday - Woke up early, had to go back with all the other Elders and Sisters who will be leaving at the same time to the immigration office to fix something else with our visas that they didn't know we had to do the first time.  That was a fun 3.5 hours, haha.

Saturday - Our ward had a Family Home Evening that was pretty awesome.  The youth did a dance again, but this time it was swing dance.  Their American style costumes were pretty awesome, haha, and a lot of their moves were pretty good.  During a lull in the program Bishop called myself and Sister Slade up to sing on the spot.

Sunday - We did more certification with the ZL's for becoming "master gospel teachers."  We're still on track to be certified before I leave.

So, yeah, we barely have time to breathe.  I kind of like it that way though.  No time to get trunky, although Sister Slade pointed out to me that I should probably start packing or something like that since we won't have any time this next week either.  Still no time today though; we have a Zone activity that should be way fun!  I'm okay with being this busy right now though; although sometimes I wonder at what point I'm going to collapse from exhaustion/stress - keeping the stress under control, but only through a lot of prayers and divine intervention :)  

I am a little excited to go back home, but mostly I don't think about it too much right now.  Ask me by the end of this week and I might have a different answer for you.  We have a lot of things planned, and it's just as busy as this past week for this week.  I'm excited though, every little (or big) effort can make a huge difference in a mission of 250 missionaries.  I'm so grateful for every single thing I've learned on my mission, and for every opportunity I've had to serve God's children. I can't even begin to express the joy my mission has given me, or the very welcome and needed changes in my soul that have tempered me to always turn to God for my guidance, answers, and peace.  I love this work and I know that there really isn't any end to serving, loving, and helping others.  I'll be seeing some of you all soon, and I'm looking forward to some very happy reunions, and seeing many of you whom I love so dearly and have felt connected to even after a year and a half.

Much love,
Sister Larsen

Took this picture on exchanges on the top of the Sister's apartment building.  It's super awesome.  I'm way proud of its artistic value :)


No comments:

Post a Comment