Translate

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Best. Birthday. Ever. Plus Adventures With a Zombie in a Graveyard.

Dear Friends and Fam,
First off - thanks for all the birthday wishes.  There's three people in particular who pretty much made my day... to all of you who sent me cards, etc, or emailed me, you're the best.  I definitely feel your love, even on the entire other side of the world!
One of the adventures we had this week was when we were invited to go to a funeral.  I knew where the graveyard was we were supposed to go to, and I knew there were two entrances.  I wasn't sure if maybe the people would be in the area of the little side entrance, so I thought in my head that it made sense to walk through the first one and it'd probably connect back to the main entrance, and we could check the whole graveyard for where we were supposed to go.  So it's about 7 at night and dark.  We heard loud drumming inside and we passed through and saw a bunch of people dancing (it was "fiesta" so people were partying through a lot of the city) so that was kind of surreal.  We couldn't see a way to get through the dancers so we decided to take this weird little path to try and get around them.  It was pretty dark back there and there were a ton of the above ground caskets. As we walked by, I wasn't scared but it was a little unnerving. Suddenly, as we walk up to one, I see something pretty dark lying on a casket and at first I thought it was someone's coat or something.  Then, right when I passed by, I saw it was a body, and it STARTED MOVING.  I almost screamed ZOMBIEEEEEEEEE but then I realized it was someone who was probably homeless sleeping on top of a casket.  We got out of there pretty fast and eventually found our way back to the place we were supposed to be.
Went to my first Mission Leaders Conference this week.  That was pretty awesome... it's really good to see how a mission works and what coordination and goals are set and how we are to achieve them and create a "mission culture" of having faith and seeing miracles because of our faith.  I really enjoyed it a lot and learned how we can set better goals to bring more souls unto Christ.
This was the best birthday of my life, because Heavenly Father saw fit to help us bring more investigators to church than I've ever brought in maybe my whole mission, and a ton of people gave us referrals and talked to us on Sunday.  On Monday, one of the very kind members here threw a "belated b-day surprise party" for me because everyone found out on Sunday it was my bday when they didn't know before.  This probably has been the best bday of my life because normally I'm always the one that throws a party... for myself... but his time Heavenly Father and other nice people here did all the work for me to make it a great day, where I really felt God's love, their love, and your (friends and fam's) love. 
Thanks for everything!  By the way... my mom's the best mom.  Happy Mothers Day to my favorite Mom! :D




No comments:

Post a Comment