Translate

Monday, April 28, 2014

Pagbabayad-sala - Payment for Sins (Atonement)

Dear Friends and Family,
 I really don't have anything too exciting to share this week, other than that Sister Grant and I are seeing miracles in the work and feel more grateful than ever for the Lord's hand in this work.  I wanted to leave one thought though.
If there's anything I've really had ingrained to me here on my mission, it has definitely been how Christ's Atonement helps us not only to overcome our sins, but also to reach our full potential.  Christ's sacrifice makes up for those times when we're just not sure if we can do it, when we can't really see the whole picture, when our weakness in the flesh and in our mortal conditions makes it seem like there's no way we can possibly become perfect in the way we are expected to be.  There's been a lot of smoothing and shaving that's happened to me on my mission; I'd say by this point that I'm just not really much of the same person I was when I left, although some of the different qualities that were quirks which I can't live or do here on my mission will probably return eventually.  There's a lot to be said about a "change of heart," and although I'm far from perfect, there's a lot to be said for learning to have joy regardless of our circumstances when we can honestly say, "I'm doing my best to follow Heavenly Father's commandments."  We won't always be perfect, but if we're as close as we possibly can be, Christ will make up the difference for us through His grace as we apply and accept His Atonement for sins and weaknesses. 
I hope all of us strive to become better and better each day, and come closer and closer to Heavenly Father through Christ, His Son.  I know that the one and only way to have happiness that is true and lasting in this life and the next is to understand and apply the Atonement to all aspects of our lives.

A talk on the same topic from Elder Bednar:
https://www.lds.org/ensign/2012/04/the-atonement-and-the-journey-of-mortality?lang=eng
Love, 
Sister Larsen
P.S. Bowling is a lot more fun when you haven't done it in over a year.


No comments:

Post a Comment