Translate

Saturday, May 31, 2014

The One Who Does Not Sweat.

Dear Everyone,                                                                  written May 26, 2014
So I've earned a reputation for two things - singing, and hardly sweating at all when everyone is drenched in it.  I"m cool with that.  Can't say I smell any better than your average missionary who walks around in the blazing sun for hours and hours... nothing smells worse than a missionary in the Philippines during the hot season (I had fair warning about that one before I came here.)
We four missionaries in the ward sang "We'll Bring the World His Truth" in sacrament meeting on Sunday.  The ward totally loved it, so I suppose it was a success.  Especially considering we practiced once for 5 minutes only... and the Elders actually listened to the advice I gave to hold out and pronounce "Youth" so that it didn't sound like "We have been taught in our youuuuu...." hahaha.  Choir stuff.
We did service at a school this week helping clean the floors and walls in the hallways.  It was pretty fun; the school definitely is a flashback to the 1950's I feel like.  Sister Grant and I killed a bunch of brillo pads scratching sharpie graffiti off walls; it was awesome.
Word of the day - pagngignitgnit - indignation.  That one's a winner.
The best news is this has been probably the most miraculous week of my whole mission, because we met so many families who are so amazingly prepared by Heavenly Father to hear His restored Gospel.  I'm so excited to see what else is in store (hopefully  don't get transferred in two weeks.)  We've really been led by the Spirit in ways I've never experienced before or could have fathomed before this week.

Thank you for all your prayers!  Show your love to your families this week everyone!

Love,
Sister Larsen


No comments:

Post a Comment