Translate

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

It's "Fear Factor" Up In Here.

dear everyone,

for starters, my keyboard is broken... the shift keys and punctuation dont work so well, so hopefully you all can keep up anyway.
Fun stuff first - this week, on the way back from exchanges, sister grant and i were riding in a taxi.  at first it just seemed like a kinda old, a little rough around the edges taxi.  next thing i know, i look up and see some of the mini cockroaches crawling around (they only have those here, special just for the philippines.)  I looked some more and i realized there were actually at least ten or more visible just from where i was sitting.  we kept having to brush them off of our stuff and clothes as we were sitting there and we both jumped out of the taxi immediately when we got home. It was like that old 90's show fear factor where theyd have them eat weird stuff or have bugs crawl on them and see if they freaked out or not.  I should join that show, right after I join the "foreignai" show here for foreigners who speak tagalog.
A member showed me her kidney stone (now, not inside of her) this week when we went to go teach her.  Gotta say that's the first time anyone's ever showed me their kidney stone before.  some things you can only experience in the Philippines.
this week we had zone conference, which normally i super love, but this time i was a rather sad.  At zone conference, it suddenly registered (because they told us) that this is President and sister Stuckis last zone conference before theyre going home in june.  We're going to have a new misson president then.  I really love the stuckis, so that was a more or less pretty sad moment for me.  they will be missed, but we'll also welcome the new mission president with open arms.
This week's been crazy, lots of exchanges and crazy stuff happening.  Probably gonna be crazy until the end of my mission.  I feel good about things though, generally.  Faith brings blessings, and optimism and hope do too.  I love my opportunity to serve the Lord at this time, like the service we got to do this week for a member helping them clear out a wood pile of materials they used to build their second floor.  Pretty awesome stuff1(exclamation point.)

Love you all, stay good and be good and serve others each day, even if it's simple and small. 
-sister Larsen

Free Clothes Are the Best Clothes

One of the members gave me this dress. It's like... so hipster or something.  You should all be super jealous.  this is me and some members and sis grant.


No comments:

Post a Comment