Translate

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Lord Giveth . . .

".... The Lord taketh away.  Blessed be the name of the Lord."
-Job

Hi everyone!  This week I got quite the shock.  Sister Dumayas was transferred, and her replacement, my new companion is... a familiar face... Sister Bechachino!  I helped trained her when we were on Palawan waaaaay back at the beginning of my mission, and now we're Sister Training Leaders and companions again.  Pretty crazy, but I know that the hand of the Lord is in this and that He gave the inspiration to President Ostler for that to happen.

Our area super duper flooded on Monday... Sister Dumayas and I walked home in water up to our knees even on the main highway because it was a sudden torrential downpour... like a river flowing from the sky, straight up.  But we made it home, hahah.

I have no idea what this transfer has in store, because this next week is gonna be super duper crazy and I'm way excited for it.  We have so much going on in the month of September that I know it's just going to fly right on by.  I feel so blessed to be a missionary right now, serving the Lord.

I just don't have time this week, haha.  But... Merry Christmas!!!  It's the "-ber months" (September, October, November, December) and in the Phliippines as soon as September hits that means it's time to celebrate Christmas.  There's already lights up in town and our neighbors are playing Christmas music (heck, I've been playing Christmas music ever since I've been on my mission.)  Pasko na!  It's Christmas!  Love you all, and have a great, productive week!

-Sister Larsen

P.S. The picture is a hand-painted picture of the DC temple in a member's house here... I was super duper excited when I saw that, my temple! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment