Translate

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Trials Make Us Stronger

Written March 30, 2014

Whelp, hello everyone again!  I hope that everyone is doing well, finding joy, and reaching your true potential as children of God.  Once again, not a lot has happened this week.  Sister D and I have been working hard, and sometimes that's what we need to do - keep on working hard and then we'll recieve blessings.  This isn't an "easy area," but we have a lot of faith to see miracles.  I'm grateful to be here. 
I ate "crispy pata" this week at a member's house which is fried pork feet.  Yeah, hoof and all, fried.  It was delicious, surpisingly.  Note the other picture sent - I've also been trying to step up my cooking skills and cook real food here.  The other picture is chicken adobo, my favorite Filipino food which I cooked, and I was pretty proud of that.  Cooking is one of those skills I plan to more fully develop eventually when I have time, because delicious things are delicious and awesome.


So the Patriarch here likes to give pearl earrings to the Sister missionaries that come to this ward.  He gave me some this week and then realized my ears weren't pierced.  He said, "If you want, I have a tool just back here I can pierce them for you!"  I declined, but he said the offer still stands if I want to "look more ready to be a mother when I go back." 
I really know that as we pray and ask for comfort and guidance from Heavenly Father, He will give it to us.  I also know that as we seek for revelation, we will receive it as we open our hearts.
Love you all! Do good things this week!
Love,
Sister Larsen
P.S. the picture is of us at the temple last week


No comments:

Post a Comment