Translate

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Feels Like Not Good Timing, But I Know It's Right

I'm getting transferred.  Honestly... at the beginning of this transfer I felt like I got semi-revelation that I was gonna transfer away from Sister Grant, and I actually felt I knew what zone I was going to as well.  Turns out I was right on both counts.

Not gonna lie.  I'm pretty sad about that... Sister Grant has been one of the most influential people to have ever been in my life, and definitely my most influential companion for my whole mission as far as helping me to grow and develop myself personally.  There's some good things to this, but also some hard things.  I really really really am gonna miss Sister Grant and some of the truly special people I know here in Mandaluyong.  I felt like Sister Grant and I had just started making some amazing breakthroughs, and now... well.  The two (and only) baptisms I would have experienced in this area I don't get to be at now, but I know the work and joy goes on regardless.

You remember how much I loved Paranaque 1st ward?  Guess what... unless something else happened since I was there, I'm going to be in that same building again and maybe get to see some of those same people again sometimes (the wards meet back to back.. my old ward and new one.)  So there's good things.  I'm still a Sister Training Leader.  It's gonna be a big trial of faith since I really feel like Sister Grant is one of my truly good friends now.  I'll miss her a whole lot.


Anyway... not much else seems too important right now.  Transfers rock worlds.  The pictures to follow are of our zone activity to the Manila zoo.  It was cool; a bird defecated on my head within the first 5 minutes I was inside the zoo.  Not the first time I've been defecated on on my mission, haha.  Here's a quote I'd like to share though with you all from a good talk... well, two quotes actually.  By Marvin J. Ashton:   

"Real charity is not something you give away; it is something that you acquire and make part of yourself. And when the virtue of charity becomes implanted in your heart, you are never the same again. It makes the thought of (putting others down) repulsive."
"True love (for others) is as eternal as life itself."

That's a lot of what I've been learning, and had to develop.  I've learned a ton in Mandaluyong and seen miracles.  I'm full of like... all the emotions right now.  I know time's only gonna speed up more and more from now on.  Also gonna have to watch my weight in that ward over there; it's notoriously the ward where every missionary feels super loved but gets fat, hahah.  

I'm happy.  Change makes us stronger.  Sometimes things are hard, but necessary.  I'm thankful for every challenge and blessing I've been given, and I know it only gets better from here.

Love you all so much.

-Sister Larsen



I met a guy, and we made friends pretty easily, although I think one of the animals at the zoo ate his hand once.

Weird animal award.  Best randomly weird animal I've ever seen.  They don't even live in the Philippines but somewhere down in Africa.  Definitely on my top favorite animals list now but I don't really remember what it's called at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment