Translate

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Rawr-Fierce Missionaries; Manila Bay; "Inside" Mandaluyong; New Companion; HI fivES

Written March 17, 2014. [Posted late because Marinda's mom couldn't open the photos on yahoo mail and on this dinosaur computer. ]


Since I don't have a whole lot of time this week, I'm going to explain the week in pictures.  On Monday, we had a Zone activity where we went to the Mall of Asia.  It was awesome and is the third biggest mall in the world.  I felt weird though; for the first time in my life I felt uncomfortable in a mall and didn't know what to do.  It's SO BIG.  The picture is me and Sis Taufa at a little animal play cart place.  I want that tiger in my room.





We went to Manila Bay which is right behind Mall of Asia to watch the sunset.  The sunset wasn't too exciting that night (darn it) but the ocean and huge rocks are cool.



I've been transferred to Mandaluyong!  It's super city; we're right next to the skyscrapers.  Not gonna pretend that's my favorite, but I like the ward.  We live the 'suite life' because we live in a hotel.  Not literally, but this is our apartment building, and I feel like I'm in a hotel every day pretty much.  There's a pool (missionaries aren't allowed to go swimming) and a basketball court.  I'm pumped to buy a bball today so we can be bballin' every morning for exercise, just us Sisters.  When I said I was going to Mandaluyong everyone would laugh and say, "You're going inside??"  Because here in Mandaluyong is the biggest mental hospital in the Philippines.  Makes sense I'd get sent here, no? ;D




Yeah, so on my second day here when we came home my arms started itching really bad.  About 20 minutes later I broke out in some awesome hives on half of each arm and leg.  This was the second day after I'd taken some medicine... my left arm was all swollen and lumpy and it was awesome in a WHAT'S HAPPENING way.  I have no idea what I"m allergic to, but obviously I"m allergic to something.  Right now it's mostly gone away and it just looks like I had some chicken pocks recently. I won't be sad if this doesn't happen again... two nights of no sleep from scratching it wasn't so fun.





Me and Sister Disoloila, from Fiji, washing clothes for a member as a service project.  Sister Disoloila is pretty awesome, I think if I get lucky I might just have Polynesian companions the rest of my mission, haha.  Fun fact - her cousin was my first companion in the MTC, also from Fiji.  


I have a lot of stuff I have to do to help the area now, so no time to write a real solid email this week.  Love everyone!  Do your best and give your whole heart and purpose to God and you will overcome challenges and be truly, deeply, happy.
Love,
Sister Larsen
P.S. I was looking through the ward records one day and saw there's a street here called, "Backside Street."  I laughed so hard about that.  Although people speak some hardcore Taglish here, that doesn't mean they really get all the connotations and meanings of words in English!

No comments:

Post a Comment